(By Senators Ross, Helmick and Manchin)

Naming the bridge on Route 250 in the town of Mill Creek the "William Currence Bridge".
Whereas, William Currence came to America from Ireland in 1744; and
Whereas, William Currence moved into the Tygart Valley, near what is now Beverly, in 1773, where he became one of the leading pioneers in the area; and
Whereas, William Currence built Currence Fort, south of Huttonsville, in 1774; and
Whereas, William Currence built the first mill in Randolph County near Fort Currence on the banks of the Tygart River and a second mill at Mill Creek; and
Whereas, William Currence was killed by Indians in 1780, thus paying the supreme sacrifice in his successful effort to find a home on the frontier in Tygart Valley for his family; and
Whereas, Naming the bridge for William Currence, one of the early pioneers of the Tygart Valley, would honor his mountaineer spirit which is embodied in the true meaning of West Virginia; therefore, be it
Resolved by the Legislature of West Virginia:
That the bridge on Route 250 in the town of Mill Creek is hereby named the "William Currence Bridge"; and, be it
Further Resolved, That the Clerk of the Senate is hereby requested to forward a copy of this resolution to the commissioner of the division of highways and the governor.