(a) The following personal information maintained by executive, legislative or judicial branch agencies of the State of West Virginia regarding persons in their capacity as state officers, employees, retirees or the legal dependents thereof is hereby deemed to be confidential and exempt from disclosure to nongovernmental entities in documents otherwise subject to disclosure under the provisions of chapter twenty-nine-b of this code:
(1) An individual's home address;
(2) An individual's social security number;
(3) An individual's credit or debit card numbers;
(4) An individual's driver's license identification number; and
(5) An individual's marital status or maiden name.
(b) It is the policy of the State of West Virginia that the information enumerated in subsection (a) of this section is personal and confidential and should only be released to nongovernmental entities for such purposes as are authorized by federal law or regulation, a provision of this code or a legislative rule promulgated pursuant to the provisions of chapter twenty-nine-a of this code.