(a) The West Virginia clean coal technology council is created with Legislative Oversight to coordinate actions for the study and development of clean coal technology pilot projects in this state.
(b) The council is composed of:
(1) Three state senators to be appointed by the President of the Senate, with one being designated as cochair;
(2) Three state delegates to be appointed by the speaker of the House, with one being designated as cochair;
(3) Two members representing coal operators' viewpoint to be appointed by the Governor from a list of three nominees for each position submitted by the major trade association which represents coal operators accounting for over one half of the coal produced in mines in this state in the year prior to the year in which the appointment is to be made;
(4) Two members representing coal miners' viewpoint to be appointed by the Governor from a list of three nominees for each position submitted by the highest ranking official within the major employee organization representing coal miners; and
(5) Two members who have knowledge of and experience in the field of coal technology to be appointed by the Governor.