(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this code to the contrary, an agency may require an employee to enter into a written reimbursement agreement to repay training compensation.
(b) If an employee voluntarily leaves employment with the agency within one year after receiving advanced professional development training and becomes employed within one year with an entity other than the State of West Virginia, in a capacity which utilizes the advanced professional development training, the employee shall repay a pro rata portion of the training compensation as provided in the reimbursement agreement.
(c) The Division of Personnel shall propose rules for legislative approval, in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, to set forth a standard reimbursement agreement form which provides the following minimum requirements:
(1) Providing general contract language including terms and conditions of repayment;
(2) Specifying types of advanced professional development training;
(3) Requiring service no longer than one year;
(4) Permitting and describing the circumstances an agency may withhold prorated amounts from any final payments due and owing to the employee; and
(5) Providing exceptions for an employee who becomes injured or ill and can no longer perform his or her assigned job functions.