For purposes of this article, the term:
(1) "County commission" means the governing body of a county of this state;
(2) "Development expenditures" means payments for governmental functions, programs, activities, facility construction, improvements and other goods and services which a district board is authorized to perform or provide under section five of this article;
(3) "District" means an economic opportunity development district created pursuant to this article;
(4) "District board" means a district board created pursuant to section ten of this article; and
(5) "Eligible property" means any taxable or exempt real property located in a district established pursuant to this article.
(6) "Remediation" means measures undertaken to bring about the reconditioning or restoration of property located within the boundaries of an economic opportunity development district that has been affected by exploration, mining, industrial operations or solid waste disposal and which measures, when undertaken, will eliminate or ameliorate the existing state of the property and enable the property to be commercially developed.