(a) A charter review committee shall study consolidation and the feasibility of consolidation.
(b) A charter review committee shall:
(1) Elect officers from committee members;
(2) Adopt rules;
(3) Prepare a budget; and
(4) Conduct public hearings;
(c) A charter review committee may:
(1) Create subcommittees and working groups to include other government officials and diverse public representatives;
(2) Prepare a written charter;
(3) Employ staff;
(4) Contract with consultants;
(5) Work with agencies of affected local governments; and
(6) Engage in other activities necessary to facilitate the intent of this chapter.
(d) A majority of committee members is a quorum for transaction of business and adopting the charter.
(e) Vacancies on the charter review committees shall be filled in the same manner as provided for in this article.