(a) There is hereby established a West Virginia hearing difficulties testing advisory committee which shall advise the Director of the Division of Health regarding the protocol, validity, monitoring and cost of testing procedures required under this article. This committee is to meet four times per year for the initial two years and on the call of the director thereafter. The director shall serve as the chair and shall appoint 12 members, one representing each of the following groups:
(1) A representative of the health insurance industry;
(2) An otolaryngologist or otologist;
(3) An audiologist with experience in evaluating infants;
(4) A neonatologist;
(5) A pediatrician;
(6) A hospital administrator;
(7) A speech or language pathologist;
(8) A teacher or administrative representative from the West Virginia school of the deaf;
(9) A parent of a deaf or hard of hearing child;
(10) A representative from the office of early intervention services within the Department of Health and Human Resources;
(11) A representative from the state Department of Education; and
(12) A representative from the West Virginia commission for the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
(b) Members of this advisory committee shall serve without compensation. A majority of members constitutes a quorum for the transaction of all business. Members shall serve for two-year terms and may not serve for more than two consecutive terms.