Not later than July 1, 2003, the commissioner shall, in consultation with the council created under section six of this article, propose rules for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code to do all of the following:
(1) Implement the birth defects information system;
(2) Specify the types of congenital anomalies and abnormal conditions of newborns to be reported to the system under section two of this article;
(3) Establish reporting requirements for information concerning diagnosed congenital anomalies and abnormal conditions of newborns;
(4) Establish standards that are required to be met by persons or government entities that seek access to the system; and
(5) Establish a form for use by parents or legal guardians who seek to have information regarding their children removed from the system and a method of distributing the form to local boards of health and to physicians. The method of distribution must include making the form available on the Internet.