(a) There is hereby created within the Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Public Health, Office of Maternal, Child and Family Health the advisory council on maternal risk assessment to provide assistance in the development of a uniform maternal risk screening tool.
(b) The Office of Maternal, Child and Family Health is charged with convening the advisory council at least annually and providing administrative and technical assistance to the advisory council as needed. The members of the advisory council shall be appointed by the Commissioner of the Bureau for Public Health.
(c) The advisory council shall be comprised of:
(1) At least one private provider of maternity services;
(2) At least one public provider of maternity services;
(3) One representative from each of the state's three medical schools;
(4) The Commissioner of the Bureau for Public Health or his or her designee;
(5) The Director of the Office of Maternal, Child and Family Health or his or her designee;
(6) At least one representative of a tertiary care center;
(7) At least one representative of a facility with a level I or II obstetrical unit;
(8) At least one certified nurse midwife;
(9) At least one allopathic or osteopathic physician who is a private provider of maternity services at a facility with a level I or level II obstetrical unit.