(a) The Legislature finds and declares that:
(1) County school districts have called for more local control and flexibility to meet the education needs of their communities;
(2) Students, parents and teachers are seeking alternatives to the traditional classroom delivery of education that better meets the educational needs of students;
(3) Public schools should be able to provide a variety of instructional delivery models;
(4) The county school districts can enhance education opportunities for students, using technology;
(5) Using technology to deliver instruction can provide flexibility and increase options for instruction;
(6) Giving county school districts the flexibility to create innovative programs will provide teachers with new instructional opportunities; and
(7) This Act is not intended to save money through the reduction of school personnel positions.
(b) The purpose of this article is to enhance access and equity in public education in West Virginia.