The Director of the West Virginia Poison Center:
(1) Shall ensure that the center is certified by the American Association of Poison Control Centers and remains in good standing with that organization;
(2) Is authorized to enter into agreements with other state agencies or departments, with public or private colleges or universities, schools of medicine or hospitals for the use of laboratories, personnel, equipment and other fixtures, facilities or services;
(3) May accept federal funds granted by the United States Congress or by executive order of the President of the United States as well as gifts, grants, endowments and donations from individuals and private organizations or foundations for all or any of the functions of the center;
(4) Develop and advocate for an annual budget for the center;
(5) Maintain a central office at the current location of the center; and
(6) Employ adequate professional and technical employees to meet the requirements of this article.