(a) The West Virginia Anatomical Board, previously created herein, is hereby reestablished under the authority of the Higher Education Policy Commission and shall consist of the following four members, or their designee:
(1) The Dean of the Marshall University School of Medicine;
(2) The Dean of the West Virginia University School of Medicine;
(3) The Dean of the West Virginia University School of Dentistry; and
(4) The Dean of the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine.
(b) For purposes of this section:
(1) “Board” means the West Virginia Anatomical Board; and
(2) “Commission” means the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission.
(c) The responsibilities of the board shall include:
(1) Making requisition for, receiving and making disposition of dead human bodies for the scientific and educational uses and purposes of higher education institutions within the state and elsewhere; and
(2) Keeping a full and complete record of its transactions, showing, among other things, every dead human body coming under its authority, giving name, sex, age, date of death, place from which received and when and from whom received, which record shall be open at all times for the inspection of the Attorney General and any prosecuting attorney in the state.
(d) The commission may promulgate legislative rules pursuant to article three-a, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code in order to effectuate the provisions of this section.
(e) Members of the board shall not be entitled to, or receive, any compensation for services rendered in their capacity as members of the board.
(f) The board shall operate in compliance with the Revised Anatomical Gift Act under article nineteen, chapter sixteen of this code.