It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer, or expose for sale, or exchange or have in his possession with intent to sell, offer or expose for sale or exchange any agricultural product in this state which is:
(1) Infected with any contagious or communicable disease; or
(2) Which consists in whole or in part of any filthy, putrid or decomposed substance; or
(3) Which has been prepared, packed, or held under unsanitary conditions whereby it may have become contaminated or rendered injurious to health; or
(4) If it or its container is composed in whole or in part, of any poisonous or deleterious substance injurious to health; or
(5) If any valuable constituent has been in whole or in part omitted or abstracted therefrom; or
(6) If any substance has been substituted wholly or in part therefor; or
(7) If damage or inferiority has been concealed in any manner; or
(8) If its labeling is false or misleading; or
(9) If it is offered for sale under the name of another food; or
(10) If it is an imitation of another food, unless its label bears in prominent type the word "imitation"; or
(11) If its container is so made, formed, or filled as to be misleading; or
(12) If the labeling thereon does not identify the producer, manufacturer or handler thereof, and an accurate statement of the quantity of the contents in terms of weight, measure, or numerical count; or
(13) If any substance has been added thereto or mixed or packed therewith so as to increase its bulk or weight, or reduce its quality or strength, or make it appear better or of greater value than it is.
Nothing herein contained shall prohibit the sale of livestock for immediate slaughter in accordance with the meat inspection regulations of the United States Department of Agriculture.