The terms in this article have the following meaning, unless the context clearly requires a different meaning:
(1) “All-terrain vehicle” or “ATV” means any motor vehicle designed for off-highway use and designed to travel on not less than three low-pressure tires, having a seat designed to be straddled by the operator and handlebars for steering control and intended by the manufacturer to be used by a single operator or by an operator and no more than one passenger.
(2) “Authorized outfitter” or “licensee” means a commercial outfitter, which is a person, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, other organization, or any combination thereof, licensed by the Hatfield-McCoy Regional Recreation Authority, or other regional recreation authorities, who operates from any temporary or permanent camp, private or public lodge, or private home, who provides guided tours or the rental of all-terrain vehicles, utility-terrain vehicles or motorcycles for use on assigned lands for monetary profit or gain.
(3) “Low-pressure tire” means every tire in which twenty pounds per square inch or less of compressed air is designed to support the load.
(4) “Motorcycle” means any motor vehicle manufactured with no more than two wheels and having a seat or saddle for the use of the operator.
(5) “Off-highway vehicle”, “off-highway recreational vehicle” or “OHV” means a vehicle intended for off-highway use and includes all-terrain vehicles, utility-terrain vehicles, motorcycles and off-road vehicles. All permissible off-highway vehicles, including off-road vehicles, are incorporated by reference in this article.
(6) “Off-road vehicle” or “ORV” means a vehicle that is suitable for off-road use. It includes a four-wheel drive vehicle such as a Jeep, pickup or sport utility vehicle. It also includes a specially designed, modified or customized off-road vehicle that is of a similar size to a vehicle manufactured for highway use.
(7) “Participant” means any person using the land, trails and facilities of the Hatfield-McCoy Regional Recreation Authority or other regional recreation authorities.
(8) “Regional recreational authority” means the Hatfield-McCoy Regional Recreation Authority or any regional recreation authority established and organized pursuant to the provisions of article fourteen-a of this chapter; and
(9) “Utility-terrain vehicle” or “UTV” means any motor vehicle with four or more low-pressure tires designed for off-highway use, having bench or bucket seating for each occupant and a steering wheel for control.