(a) Every authorized outfitter or licensee shall:
(1) Mark for identification purposes all equipment and vehicles used in the business;
(2) Maintain all equipment and vehicles used in the business in such condition that the equipment and vehicles are safe to operate or use as intended and recommended by the manufacturer;
(3) Provide facilities, equipment and services conforming to safety and other requirements established by the rules promulgated by the Hatfield-McCoy Regional Recreation Authority;
(4) Provide facilities, equipment and services as advertised or as agreed to by the authorized outfitter or licensee and the participant;
(5) Provide protective helmets which are size appropriate and which meet the current performance specifications established by the American National Standards Institute standard, z 90.1, the United States Department of Transportation federal motor vehicle safety standard no. 218 or Snell safety standards for protective headgear for vehicle users as defined by subdivision (5), subsection (a), section one, article one, chapter seventeen-f of this code, to all persons using all-terrain vehicles, utility-terrain vehicles or motorcycles;
(6) Provide all-terrain vehicles or motorcycles which are age and size appropriate as recommended by the manufacturer;
(7) Make reasonable and prudent efforts to ensure that participants utilizing the facilities, equipment or services of the authorized outfitter or licensee have received the safety training required by the provisions of the legislative rule for the use of the Hatfield-McCoy Regional Recreation Area;
(8) Make certain that every guide offered to participants by the authorized outfitter or licensee has a current standard first aid training certificate and CPR certificate issued by the American Red Cross or its equivalent and ATV safety training by the Hatfield-McCoy Recreation Authority or its designee;
(9) Make certain that employees carry first aid kits when acting as guides; and
(10) Make known to any participant utilizing the facilities, equipment or services of the authorized outfitter or licensee any dangerous condition as to trail lands, facilities or equipment to be traversed or used which is known by the outfitter or licensee.
(b) An authorized outfitter or licensee may not rent or lease an all-terrain vehicle, utility-terrain vehicle or motorcycle to a person under the age of eighteen years or allow any owner-operated all-terrain vehicle, utility-terrain vehicle or motorcycle on any guided tour when operated by any person under the age of eighteen years without first obtaining a written statement, signed by the minor's parent or guardian certifying that:
(1) Any machine to be operated by the minor or his or her parent or guardian is of a model that is recommended by the manufacturer as appropriate to the minor's age and size;
(2) All rules governing the use of the vehicle and the Hatfield-McCoy Recreation Area have been explained to the minor in sufficient detail to enable the minor to abide by the rules; and
(3) Any minor under the age of sixteen will remain under the supervision of and the sight of the parent or guardian at all times.
(c) An authorized outfitter or licensee may not rent or lease a utility-terrain vehicle to any person who is not at least sixteen years of age and in possession of a valid driver's license.
(d) An authorized outfitter or licensee shall provide a participant utilizing the facilities, equipment or services of the authorized outfitter or licensee with written notification of his or her duties as prescribed in section five of this article. The participant shall sign the notification prior to using the equipment. The signed notification, or an electronically stored copy thereof, shall be kept on file by the outfitter or licensee for not less than five years.