(a) A Class Q permit is a special statewide hunting permit entitling the permittee to hunt all legal species of game during the designated hunting seasons from a motor vehicle in accordance with the provisions of this section.
(b) A permit form shall be furnished by the director to an applicant who meets the following requirements:
(1) He or she is permanently disabled in the lower extremities; and
(2) He or she holds a valid resident or nonresident statewide hunting license, a senior citizens license or is otherwise exempt from the license requirement.
(c) A licensed physician must certify the applicant's permanent disability by completing the permit form. When completed, the permit form constitutes a Class Q permit. The Class Q permit and a completed license application shall be submitted to the division, which will issue a wallet sized card to the permittee. The card and all other documents and identification required to be carried by this article shall be in the permittee's possession when hunting.
(d) A Class Q permit entitles the holder to hunt from a motor vehicle and, notwithstanding the provisions of subdivision (9), section five of this article, to possess a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle, but only under the following circumstances:
(1) The motor vehicle is stationary;
(2) The engine of the motor vehicle is not operating;
(3) The permittee and one individual, who is at least sixteen years of age, to assist the permittee are the only occupants of the vehicle;
(4) The individual assisting the permittee may not hunt with a firearm, bow or cross-bow while assisting the permittee;
(5) The vehicle is not parked on the right-of-way of any public road or highway; and
(6) The permittee observes all other pertinent laws and regulations.
(e) The director may propose rules for legislative approval in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code setting forth the qualifications of applicants and the permitting process.