The Commissioner of Labor shall propose rules for legislative approval, in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, for the implementation and enforcement of the provisions of this article, which shall provide:
(1) Standards and procedures for issuing and renewing licenses, including classifications of licenses as defined in this article, applications, examinations and qualifications;
(2) Provisions for the granting of licenses without examination, to applicants who present satisfactory evidence of having the expertise required to perform work at the level of the classifications defined in this article and who apply for licensure on or before July 1, 2009: Provided, That if a license issued under the authority of this subsection subsequently lapses, the applicant is subject to all licensure requirements, including the examination;
(3) Reciprocity provisions;
(4) Procedures for investigating complaints and revoking or suspending licenses, including appeal procedures;
(5) Fees for testing, issuance and renewal of licenses, and other costs necessary to administer the provisions of this article;
(6) Enforcement procedures; and
(7) Any other rules necessary to effectuate the purposes of this article.