(a) No child under the age of sixteen who is employed or permitted to work in accordance with the provisions of this article shall work:
(1) During school hours, except as provided in work experience and career exploration programs approved by the United States Secretary of Labor;
(2) Before seven o'clock antemeridian or after seven o'clock postmeridian: Provided, That a child under the age of sixteen may work until nine o'clock postmeridian from June 1 through Labor Day;
(3) More than three hours per day, on days in which public schools are in session;
(4) More than eighteen hours per week, in weeks in which public schools are in session;
(5) More than eight hours, on days in which public schools are not in session;
(6) More than forty hours per week, in weeks in which public schools are not in session; or
(7) More than five hours continuously without an interval of at least thirty minutes for a lunch period.
(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section do not apply to children under sixteen performing the jobs set out in section one of this article.