No limited video lottery retailer's license or license renewal may be granted unless the Lottery Commission has determined that, in addition to the general requirements set forth in section 22B-502, the applicant satisfies all of the following qualifications:
(1)(A) If the applicant is an individual, the applicant has been a citizen of the United States and a resident of this state for the four-year period immediately preceding the application;
(B) If the applicant is a corporation, partnership or other business entity, the chief executive officer and the majority of the officers, directors, members and partners (to the extent each of these groups exists with respect to a particular business organization), both in number and percentage of ownership interest, have been citizens of the United States and residents of this state for the four-year period immediately preceding the application;
(2) The applicant has disclosed to the Lottery Commission the identity of each person who has control of the applicant, as control is described in section 22B-507;
(3) The applicant holds either: (A) A valid license issued under article 60-7-1, et seq., of this code to operate a private club; (B) a valid Class A license issued under article 11-16-1, et seq., of this code to operate a business where nonintoxicating beer is sold for consumption on the premises; or (C) both licenses;
(4) The applicant has demonstrated the training, education, business ability and experience necessary to establish, operate and maintain the business for which the license application is made;
(5) The applicant has secured any necessary financing for the business for which the license application is made and the financing: (A) Is from a source that meets the qualifications of this section; and (B) is adequate to support the successful performance of the duties and responsibilities of the licensee;
(6) The applicant has disclosed all financing or refinancing arrangements for placement on the applicant's premises of video lottery terminals and associated equipment in the degree of detail requested by the Lottery Commission;
(7) The applicant has filed with the Lottery Commission a copy of any current or proposed agreement between the applicant and a licensed operator for the placement on the applicant's premises of video lottery terminals;
(8) The applicant has filed with the Lottery Commission a copy of any current or proposed agreement between the applicant and a licensed operator or other person for the servicing and maintenance of video lottery terminals by licensed service technicians; and
(9) The applicant does not hold any other license under this article, article 19-23-1, et seq., of this code or articles 22A or 25 of this chapter except that an applicant may also be licensed as a service technician.
The applicant or license holder who filed the petition for administrative review may appeal the decision of the commission issued under section 22B-1503 to the circuit court of Kanawha County, West Virginia, if the petition for appeal is filed no later than thirty days after the date upon which the petitioner receives written notice of the final decision of the commission.