(a) No person may engage in any activity in connection with a racetrack with West Virginia Lottery table games in this state for which a license is required by this article or rules of the commission unless all necessary licenses have been obtained in accordance with this article and rules of the commission.
(b) Licenses are required for the following purposes:
(1) For any person operating a racetrack West Virginia Lottery table game in the state;
(2) For any person supplying a racetrack table games licensee with gaming equipment or gaming equipment services;
(3) For any individual employed by a racetrack table games licensee in connection with the operation of West Virginia Lottery table games in the state; and
(4) For any person providing management services under a contract to a racetrack table games licensee.
(c) The commission may not grant a license to an applicant until the commission determines that each person who has control of the applicant also meets all of the qualifications the applicant must meet to hold the license for which application is made. The following persons are considered to have control of an applicant:
(1) Each person associated with a corporate applicant, including any corporate holding company, parent company or subsidiary company of the applicant, but not including a bank or other licensed lending institution which holds a mortgage or other lien acquired in the ordinary course of business, who has the ability to control the activities of the corporate applicant or elect a majority of the board of directors of that corporation;
(2) Each person associated with a noncorporate applicant who directly or indirectly holds any beneficial or proprietary interest in the applicant or who the commission determines to have the ability to control the applicant; and
(3) Key personnel of an applicant, including any executive, employee or agent, having the power to exercise significant influence over decisions concerning any part of the applicant's business operation.
(d) Any license required by this article or rules of the commission is in addition to all other licenses or permits required by applicable federal, state or local law.