(a) The technology-related assistance revolving loan fund for individuals with disabilities board created by chapter two hundred forty-seven, acts of the Legislature, regular session, one thousand nine hundred ninety-six, is hereby continued.
(b) The board shall consist of seven members as follows, of whom at least three must be individuals with disabilities:
(1) Director of the Division of Rehabilitation Services, ex officio, who shall be entitled to vote, or his or her designee;
(2) A representative of the banking industry;
(3) A representative of the medical profession;
(4) A certified public accountant; and
(5) Three members from the public at large who are users or providers of technology-related assistance devices or services for individuals with disabilities. Members shall be appointed by the Governor, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, for terms of three years. Members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate prior to the effective date of this section shall continue to serve for the terms for which they were appointed. State officers or employees may be appointed to the board unless otherwise prohibited by law.
(c) In the event a board member fails to attend more than twenty-five percent of the scheduled meetings in a twelve-month period, the board may, after written notification to that member and the secretary of education and the arts, request in writing that the Governor remove the member and appoint a new member to serve his or her unexpired term.
(d) In the event of death, resignation, disqualification or removal for any reason of any member of the board, the vacancy shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment and the successor shall serve for the unexpired term.
(e) The board shall elect from its membership a chairperson, treasurer and secretary as well as any other officer as appropriate. The term of the "chairperson" is for two years in duration and he or she cannot serve more than two consecutive terms.