The State Fire Marshal may, upon complaint, upon a request or referral, or upon his or her own inquiry suspend or revoke the certification of any person upon a finding that:
(1) The certification was granted upon an application, or upon documents supporting the application, that materially misstated the applicant's qualifications or experience;
(2) The certified electrical inspector knowingly subscribed to or vouched for a misstatement by an applicant for certification;
(3) The certified electrical inspector incompetently performed an electrical inspection;
(4) The certified electrical inspector failed to comply with a provision of this article, or any rule promulgated pursuant to section four of this article; or
(5) The certified electrical inspector failed to comply with the reporting requirements of section eight of this article.