A certified electrical inspector may not:
(1) Approve nor disapprove work of which he or she does not have personal knowledge;
(2) Misrepresent his or her authority or responsibility;
(3) Use his or her certification as an electrical inspector to secure special favors or treatment;
(4) Inspect any electrical installation for which he or she has performed any part of the work; or
(5) Perform an electrical inspection of any work furnished by a private contractor that employs him or her on a full-time, part-time or incidental basis: Provided, That an employee of a contractor performing electrical installation may inspect electrical work performed by other employees of the same employer, as long as the inspection is not intended to be relied on by any person other than the employer, and the electrical inspector does not certify to an electric utility or to any person that the work is in compliance with applicable building codes, electrical codes or other standards.