(a) The Division of Personnel is continued within the Department of Administration.
(b) The Division of Personnel shall perform the following functions:
(1) Evaluating applicants for appointment or promotion to positions in the classified service;
(2) Establishing and applying a system of classification for positions in the classified and classified-exempt service;
(3) Establishing and applying a system of compensation for positions in the classified service;
(4) Establishing and maintaining records of employment for classified employees;
(5) Advising appointing authorities and supervisory personnel regarding disciplinary matters, the provisions of this article, rules implementing the provisions of this article, and laws and rules affecting human resource management;
(6) Providing training in human resource management and the operation of the state personnel system;
(7) Assuring compliance with this article and rules implementing the provisions of this article; and
(8) Other functions necessary to the establishment of a system of personnel administration as provided in this article.