The following words as used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires, have the following meanings:
(1) "Architect" means any person who engages in the practice of architecture as hereinafter defined.
(2) "Board" means the West Virginia board of architects established by section one of this article.
(3) "Direct supervision" means that degree of supervision by a person overseeing the work of another person whereby the supervisor has both control over and detailed professional knowledge of the work prepared under his or her supervision.
(4) "Good moral character" means such character as will enable a person to discharge the fiduciary duties of an architect to his client and to the public for the protection of health, safety and welfare. Evidence of inability to discharge such duties include the commission of an offense justifying discipline under section eight of this article.
(5) "Practice of architecture" means rendering or offering to render those services, hereinafter described, in connection with the design and construction, enlargement or alteration of a building or group of buildings and the space within and surrounding such buildings, which have as their principal purpose human occupancy or habitation; the services referred to include planning, providing preliminary studies, designs, drawings, specifications and other technical submissions and administration of construction contracts.
(6) "Registered architect" means an architect holding a current registration.
(7) "Registration" means the certificate of registration issued by board.
(8) "Technical submissions" means designs, drawings, specifications, studies and other technical reports prepared in the course of practicing architecture.