As used in this article:
(1) "Applicant" means any person making application for an original or renewal license or a temporary or emergency permit under the provisions of this article.
(2) "Board" means the West Virginia Nursing Home Administrators Licensing Board created by this article.
(3) "License" means a license to practice nursing home administration under the provisions of this article.
(4) "Licensee" means a nursing home administrator licensed under this article.
(5) "Nursing home" means a nursing home as that term is defined in subdivision (c), section two, article five-c, chapter sixteen of this code.
(6) "Nursing home administrator" means a person who performs or is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling a nursing home, whether or not such the person has an ownership interest in the nursing home or shares the functions.
(7) "Permit" means a temporary permit or emergency permit issued under the provisions of this article.
(8) "Permittee" means any person holding a permit issued pursuant to the provisions of this article.
(9) "Practice of nursing home administration" means any service requiring nursing home administration education, training, or experience and applying such to planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling of the total management of a nursing home.