(a) It is a misdemeanor for any person, corporation or association to:
(1) Sell, fraudulently obtain, furnish or assist in selling, fraudulently obtaining or furnishing any dietitian license or license record;
(2) Engage in the practice as a licensed dietitian under cover of any diploma, license or record illegally or fraudulently obtained;
(3) Represent or imply to the public that he or she is authorized to use the title "dietitian" or "licensed dietitian" or any other title intended to convey that impression, unless duly licensed pursuant to the provisions of this article;
(4) Engage in the practice as a licensed dietitian during the time his or her license is suspended or revoked; or
(5) Otherwise violate any provisions of this article.
(b) Any person, corporation or association who violates the provisions of subsection (a) of this section or any rule promulgated under this article is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not less than $100 nor more than $500 for each offense.