(a) A licensed physician or podiatrist may collaborate with a physician assistant:
(1) As a collaborating physician in accordance with an authorized practice agreement; or
(2) As an alternate collaborating physician who:
(A) Collaborates in accordance with an authorized practice agreement;
(B) Has been designated an alternate collaborating physician in the authorized practice agreement; and
(C) Only delegates those medical acts that have been authorized by the practice agreement and are within the scope of practice of both the primary collaborating physician and the alternate collaborating physician.
(b) A collaborating physician is responsible at all times for the physician assistant with whom he or she is collaborating, including:
(1) The legal responsibility of the physician assistant;
(2) Observing, directing and evaluating the physician assistant’s work records and practices; and
(3) Collaborating with the physician assistant in the care and treatment of a patient in a health care facility.
(c) A health care facility is only legally responsible for the actions or omissions of a physician assistant when the physician assistant is employed by or on behalf of the facility. Credentialed medical facility staff and attending physicians of a hospital who provide direction to or utilize physician assistants employed by or on behalf of the hospital are considered alternate collaborating physicians.