(a) A physician assistant may not practice independent of a collaborating physician.
(b) A physician assistant may practice in a hospital in collaboration with physicians after filing a practice notification with the appropriate board.
(c) Except as set forth in subsection (b) of this section, before a licensed physician assistant may practice and before a collaborating physician may delegate medical acts to a physician assistant, the collaborating physician, and the physician assistant shall:
(1) File a practice agreement with the appropriate licensing board, including any designated alternate collaborating physicians;
(2) Pay the applicable fees; and
(3) Receive written authorization from the appropriate licensing board to commence practicing as a physician assistant pursuant to the practice agreement.
(d) A physician applying to collaborate with a physician assistant shall affirm that:
(1) The medical services set forth in the practice agreement are consistent with the skills and training of the collaborating physician and the physician assistant; and
(2) The activities delegated to a physician assistant are consistent with sound medical practice and will protect the health and safety of the patient.
(e) A collaborating physician may enter into practice agreements with up to five full-time physician assistants at any one time.
(f) A physician may collaborate with physician assistants in a hospital as approved by the hospital.