(a) The board shall have the power to deny, revoke, or suspend any license to practice registered professional nursing issued or applied for in accordance with the provisions of this article, or to otherwise discipline a licensee or applicant upon proof that he or she:
(1) Is or was guilty of fraud or deceit in procuring or attempting to procure a license to practice registered professional nursing; or
(2) Has been convicted of a felony; or
(3) Is unfit or incompetent by reason of negligence, habits, or other causes; or
(4) Is habitually intemperate or is addicted to the use of habit-forming drugs; or
(5) Is mentally incompetent; or
(6) Is guilty of conduct derogatory to the morals or standing of the profession of registered nursing; or
(7) Is practicing or attempting to practice registered professional nursing without a license or reregistration; or
(8) Has demonstrated abnormal prescribing or dispensing practices pursuant to §30-3A-4 of this code; or
(9) Has willfully or repeatedly violated any of the provisions of this article.
(b) An advanced practice registered nurse licensed under this article may not be disciplined for providing expedited partner therapy in accordance with §16-4F-1 et seq. of this code.