(a) It shall be a misdemeanor for any person to:
(1) Sell or fraudulently obtain or furnish any medication assistive person's certificate, renewal or record, or aid or abet in any such sale or fraud;
(2) Serve as a medication assistive person under cover of any certificate or record illegally or fraudulently obtained or signed or issued unlawfully or under fraudulent representation;
(3) Serve as a medication assistive person unless certified by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses;
(4) Use in connection with his or her name any of the following titles, names, or initials if the user is not properly certified under this article:
(A) Medication assistive person;
(C) Medication aide;
(D) Medication technician;
(E) Certified medication aide;
(G) Medication Aide - certified;
(H) MA-C; or
(I) Any other name, title, or initials that would cause a reasonable person to believe the user is certified under this article;
(5) Serve as a medication assistive person during the time his or her certification is suspended;
(6) Conduct an education program for the preparation of medication assistive persons unless the program has been approved by the board; or
(7) Otherwise violate any provisions of this article.
(b) Any person convicted of any such misdemeanor shall be punished by a fine of not less than $25 nor more than $250.