(a) In the event the Housing Development Fund shall default in the payment of principal of or interest on any issue of notes or bonds after the same shall become due, whether at maturity or upon call for redemption, and such default shall continue for a period of thirty days, or in the event the Housing Development Fund shall fail or refuse to comply with the provisions of this article or shall default in any agreement made with the holders of any issue of notes or bonds, the holders of twenty-five per centum in aggregate principal amount of the notes or bonds of such issue then outstanding, by instrument or instruments filed in the office of the clerk of the county court of any county in which the Housing Development Fund operates and has an office and acknowledged in the same manner as a deed to be recorded, may appoint a trustee to represent the holders of such notes or bonds for the purposes herein provided.
(b) Any such trustee upon the written request of the holders of twenty-five per centum in principal amount of such notes or bonds then outstanding shall, in his or its own name, do any one or more of the following:
(1) By civil action or other proceeding, enforce all rights of the noteholders or bondholders, including the right to require the Housing Development Fund to perform its duties under this article;
(2) Bring a civil action upon such notes or bonds;
(3) By civil action or other proceeding, require the Housing Development Fund to account as if it were the trustee of an express trust for the holders of such notes or bonds;
(4) By civil action or other proceeding, enjoin any acts or things which may be unlawful or in violation of the rights of the holders of such notes or bonds;
(5) Declare all such notes or bonds due and payable, and if all defaults shall be made good, then, with the consent of the holders of twenty-five per centum of the principal amount of such notes or bonds then outstanding, annul such declaration and its consequences.
(c) In addition to the foregoing, such trustee shall have and possess all of the powers necessary or appropriate for the exercise of any functions specifically set forth herein or incident to the general representation of bondholders or noteholders in the enforcement and protection of their rights.
(d) Before declaring the principal of any notes or bonds due and payable, the trustee shall first give thirty days' notice in writing to the Housing Development Fund.