(a) A foreign corporation may apply for a certificate of authority to transact business in this state by delivering an application to the Secretary of State for filing. The application must set forth:
(1) The name of the foreign corporation or, if its name is unavailable for use in this state, a corporate name that satisfies the requirements of section one thousand five hundred six of this article;
(2) The name of the state or country under whose law it is incorporated;
(3) Its date of incorporation and period of duration;
(4) The mailing address of its principal office;
(5) The address of its registered office in this state, if any, and the name of its registered agent at that office, if any;
(6) The names and usual business addresses of its current directors and officers;
(7) Purpose or purposes for transaction of business in West Virginia; and
(8) An e-mail address where informational notices and reminders of annual filings may be sent, unless there is a technical inability to comply.
(b) The foreign corporation shall deliver with the completed application a certificate of existence, or a document of similar import, duly authenticated by the Secretary of State or other official having custody of corporate records in the state or country under whose law it is incorporated.