In this article:
(1) “Electronic” means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic or similar capabilities.
(2) “Legal material” means, whether or not in effect:
(A) The West Virginia Constitution;
(B) The Acts of the Legislature;
(C) The Code of West Virginia;
(D) All rules and other materials filed in the State Register; or
(E) The state administrative agency decisions made pursuant to articles four and five, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code.
(3) “Official publisher” means:
(A) For the Constitution of West Virginia, the State Legislature;
(B) For the Acts of the Legislature, the Clerk of the House of Delegates;
(C) For the Code of West Virginia, the State Legislature;
(D) For a rule published in the State Register, the Secretary of State; or
(E) For a state administrative agency decision, that state agency.
(4) “Publish” means to display, present or release to the public, or cause to be displayed, presented or released to the public, by the official publisher.
(5) “Record” means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
(6) “State” means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.