(a) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (b) of this section, with respect to goods which are the subject of or are intended to become the subject of a consumer transaction, no merchant may:
(1) Exclude, modify, or otherwise attempt to limit any warranty, express, or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose; or
(2) Exclude, modify or attempt to limit any remedy provided by law, including the measure of damages available, for a breach of warranty, express, or implied.
(b) A consumer who purchases a used manufactured home may waive the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or waive a warranty as to a particular defect or malfunction which the merchant has identified and disclosed in writing to the consumer, if the used manufactured home is not being sold for human habitation: Provided, That notice be posted on the front door of the used manufactured home that it is not being sold for human habitation: Provided, however, That the waiver is not effective unless the waiver:
(1) Is in writing;
(2) Is conspicuous and is in plain language;
(3) Identifies with particularity the disclosed defect or malfunction, if any, in the used manufactured home for which the warranty is to be waived;
(4) Describes any additional defects or malfunctions, if any, disclosed to the merchant by a previous owner of the used manufactured home or discoverable by the merchant after an inspection of the used manufactured home;
(5) States that the warranty being waived applies only to the disclosed defect or malfunction, if any, to the extent the merchant intends to waive a warranty as to a specific defect;
(6) Acknowledges that the used manufactured home will not be used for human habitation: Provided, That the consumer shall sign or initial such provision in order to evidence the consumer’s acknowledgment thereof; and
(7) Is signed by both the consumer and the merchant before the sales contract is executed.
For purposes of this subsection, “used manufactured home” means a manufactured home, as defined in §21-9-2 of this code, that is more than four years old from its date of production and has previously been occupied, used, or sold for purposes other than resale.