(a) Federal law requires that each state periodically review the formula used to set child support obligations to determine appropriate awards for the support of children. States are required to consider current research and data on the costs of and expenditures necessary for rearing children. A process for review of the guidelines should be established to ensure the integrity of the formula and reviews undertaken to comply with federal law.
(b) The commission shall review and analyze:
(1) The current child support guidelines;
(2) Relevant research and data regarding the cost of child rearing;
(3) Research and data on the application of, and deviations from, the child support guidelines;
(4) Current law, administrative rules and practices regarding child support; and
(5) Any other data the commission deems relevant to the review of the current child support guidelines.