(a) At the time of the execution of the application, the clerk or the person administering the oath to the applicants shall require evidence of the age of each of the applicants. Evidence of age may be as follows:
(1) A certified copy of a birth certificate or a duplicate certificate produced by any means that accurately reproduces the original;
(2) A voter's registration certificate;
(3) An operator's or chauffeur's license;
(4) The affidavit of both parents or the legal guardian of the applicant; or
(5) Other good and sufficient evidence.
(b) If an affidavit is relied upon as evidence of the age of an applicant, and if one parent is dead, the affidavit of the surviving parent or of the guardian of the applicant is sufficient. If both parents are dead, the affidavit of the guardian of the applicant is sufficient. If the parents of the applicant live separate and apart, the affidavit of the parent having custody of the applicant is sufficient.