(a) The bonding fee required by a bail bondsman shall be at least ten percent of the amount of the bond. The bonding fee received by the bondsman shall not, in the aggregate, exceed the amount of the bond.
(b) The bonding fee may be paid as follows:
(1) In full at the time of the issuance of the bond; or
(2) At least three percent paid at the issuance of the bond with the remaining percentage to be paid over a period not to exceed twelve months.
(c) When collateral or security is received by a bail bondsman, a receipt shall be furnished. Copies of all receipts issued shall be kept by the bail bondsman for a minimum of five years. All receipts issued shall:
(1) Be prenumbered and used and filed in consecutive numerical order;
(2) Show the name and address of the bail bondsman;
(3) Show the name and address of the person providing the collateral;
(4) Show the amount and nature of the collateral and the date received;
(5) Show the name of the person accepting collateral; and
(6) Show the total amount of the bond for which the collateral is being accepted and the name of the defendant.
(d) When a bond is to be forfeited, the court is to give notification to the bail bondsman within twenty-four hours of the failure to appear.