West Virginia Code
1 - MILITARY FORCES OF THE STATE
1A - ADJUTANT GENERAL
1B - NATIONAL GUARD
1C - STATE RETIRED LIST AND HONORAR
1D - ACTIVE STATE SERVICE
1E - CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE
1F - PRIVILEGES AND PROHIBITIONS
1G - SERVICE MEDALS
1H - MORALE, WELFARE AND RECREATION
15 - 1 H- 1
15 - 1 H- 2
15 - 1 H- 3
15 - 1 H- 4
15 - 1 H- 5
15 - 1 H- 6
1I - THE CHILD PROTECTION ACT OF 20
1J - THE WEST VIRGINIA MILITARY AUT
1K - CIVIL AIR PATROL
2 - WEST VIRGINIA STATE POLICE
2A - WEST VIRGINIA STATE POLICE RET
2B - DNA DATA
2C - CENTRAL ABUSE REGISTRY
2D - DIVISION OF PROTECTIVE SERVICE
2E - STATE POLICE ACADEMY POST EXCH
3 - COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS FOR POLIC
3A - AMBER ALERT PLAN
3B - SILVER ALERT PLAN
4 - WEST VIRGINIA STATE GUARD
5 - DIVISION OF HOMELAND SECURITY A
5A - WEST VIRGINIA EMERGENCY RESPON
5B - MINE AND INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT R
5C - REPORTING OF EMERGENCY INCIDEN
6 - STATE ARMORY BOARD
7 - EMERGENCY INTERIM LEGISLATIVE S
8 - WEST VIRGINIA SHERIFFS' BUREAU
9 - GOVERNOR'S COMMITTEE ON CRIME,
9A - DIVISION OF JUSTICE AND COMMUN
10 - COOPERATION BETWEEN LAW-ENFOR
10A - LAW-ENFORCEMENT REEMPLOYMENT
11 - PAYMENT OF FUNERAL EXPENSES
12 - SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION ACT
13 - CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REGIS
14 - THE STATEWIDE INTEROPERABLE R
CHAPTER 15. PUBLIC SAFETY.
ARTICLE 1H. MORALE, WELFARE AND RECREATION FACILITIES.
As used in this article:
(1) "Camp Dawson" means the state military reservation located near Kingwood, Preston County, West Virginia, and any training areas, ranges or facilities located on or about the reservation used for military purposes.
(2) "Morale, welfare and recreation facility" means any post exchange, canteen, barber shop, fitness center, snack bar, transient housing, billeting operation, laundry or similar facility, the purpose of which is to enhance the morale and welfare of military personnel.
(3) "Nonappropriated fund instrumentality" means an enterprise operated exclusively with funds derived from sales or user fees, which receives no legislative appropriations for its operations.
(4) "Nonappropriated fund employee" means an employee of a nonappropriated fund instrumentality, who is not an employee of the state.
(a) The Adjutant General is authorized to establish morale, welfare and recreation facilities within the state as in his or her judgment may be necessary and proper for military purposes.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of this code to the contrary, the Adjutant General is authorized to establish a nonappropriated fund instrumentality for the purpose of operating the morale, welfare and recreation facilities.
(c) A nonappropriated fund instrumentality established under this section may:
(1) Contract for goods and services;
(2) Hire employees under terms and conditions as it may negotiate, subject only to applicable state and federal labor laws;
(3) Establish a system of bookkeeping, accounting and auditing procedures for the proper handling of funds derived from its operations; and
(4) Perform any other action necessary to establish a board, corporation or other entity for the purpose of operating the morale, welfare and recreation facilities.
(d) A nonappropriated fund instrumentality established under this section is solely responsible for its operations. No debt of the nonappropriated fund instrumentality is a debt of the state. No action of the nonappropriated fund instrumentality is an action of the state, nor does it obligate the state in any manner.
The Adjutant General shall promulgate regulations for the operation of morale, welfare and recreation facilities and any nonappropriated fund instrumentality established under this article.
All proceeds derived from the operation of the morale, welfare and recreation facilities within the state shall, after the payment of operating expenses, notwithstanding any provision of this code to the contrary, be used exclusively to benefit any morale, welfare and recreation facilities established pursuant to this section.
Any sales of goods made by a canteen or snack bar facility on a state reservation or state training facility under the jurisdiction of the Adjutant General are exempt from the payment of state consumers sales taxes pursuant to the provisions of article fifteen, chapter eleven of this code.
Use of the morale, welfare and recreation facilities provided for in this article are limited to:
(1) Active and reserve component members of the Armed Forces of the United States;
(2) Persons retired from the Armed Forces of the United States;
(3) Dependents of service members or retirees;
(4) Civilian employees of the United States; and
(5) Employees of the State of West Virginia.