SB559 SFA BLAIR 2-26 #1
Senator Blair moved to amend the bill by striking out everything after the enacting section and inserting in lieu thereof the following:
ARTICLE 30. SOCIAL WORKERS.
§30-30-18. Exemptions from this article.
The following persons are exempt from licensure, unless specifically stated in writing by the employer:
(1) A person employed as the director or administrative head of a social service agency or division, or applicants for such employment to be licensed;
(2) Licensed or qualified members of other professions, such as physicians, psychologists, lawyers, counselors, clergy, educators or the general public other professions engaged in social work-like activities, from doing social work consistent with their training if they do not hold themselves out to the public by a title or description incorporating the words "licensed social worker" or "licensed clinical social worker" or a variation thereof;
(3) Employees of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources engaged in social work-like activities from doing social work consistent with their training: Provided, That prior to engaging in these activities, employees demonstrate sufficient standards of qualification, education, training and experience by completing a rigorous training program designed by the Department of Health and Human Resources to ensure the protection of the health, welfare and safety of the public;
(3) (4) An employer from performing social work-like activities performed solely for the benefit of employees;
(4) (5) Activities and services of a student, intern, or resident in social work pursuing a course of study at an accredited university or college or working in a generally recognized training center if the activities and services constitute a part of the supervised course of study; and
(5) (6) Pending disposition of the application for a license, activities and services by a person who has recently become a resident of this state, has applied for a license within ninety days of taking up residency in this state, and is licensed to perform the activities and services in the state of former residence.