SB267 HFA Nelson Espinosa etc. 2-12 #1 McO
Delegates Nelson, Espinosa, Statler, Householder, Westfall, Graves and Atkinson move to amend the committee amendment on page seven, immediately preceding “CHAPTER 18A. SCHOOL PERSONNEL.”, by inserting a new section to read as follows:
“CHAPTER 18. EDUCATION.
ARTICLE 9A. PUBLIC SCHOOL SUPPORT.
§18-9A-8. Foundation allowance for professional student support services.
(a) The basic foundation allowance to the county for professional student support personnel shall be the amount of money determined in accordance with the following:
(1) The sum of the state minimum salaries, as determined in accordance with the provisions of article four, chapter eighteen of this code, for all state aid eligible school nurse and counselor positions in the county during the two thousand eight fiscal year which number shall be reduced in the same proportion as the number of professional educators allowed to be funded under section four of this article to the total number of professional educators employed that are state aid eligible. In performing this calculation, the numerator shall be the number of professional educators actually funded under section four of this article and the denominator shall be the total number of professional educators employed that are eligible to be funded under section four of this article;
(2) The amount derived from the calculation in subdivision (1) of this subsection is increased by one-half percent;
(3) The amount derived from the calculation in subdivision (2) of this subsection is the basic foundation allowance to the county for professional student support personnel for the two thousand nine fiscal year;
(4) For fiscal years two thousand ten, two thousand eleven, two thousand twelve and two thousand thirteen, the basic foundation allowance to the county for professional student support personnel increases by one-half percent per year over the allowance for the previous year; and
(5) For all fiscal years thereafter, the basic foundation allowance to the county for professional student support personnel remains the same amount as in the two thousand thirteen fiscal year, plus any additional amount of funding necessary to cover the increases in the State Minimum Salary Schedule set forth in §18A-4-2 of this code effective for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2018, and thereafter.
(b) The additional positions for counselors that may be created as a result of the one percent increase provided pursuant to this section shall be assigned to schools where the counselor can:
(1) Enhance student achievement;
(2) Provide early intervention for students in grades pre-indergarten through five; and
(3) Enhance student development and career readiness.”