HB4629 S GOV AM #1
The Committee on Government Organization moved to amend the bill by striking out everything after the enacting clause and inserting in lieu thereof the following:
CHAPTER 31G. BROADBAND ENHANCEMENT AND EXPANSION POLICIES
ARTICLE 1. BROADBAND ENHANCEMENT COUNCIL.
§31G-1-10. Pilot Project for cooperatives by political subdivisions.
ARTICLE 2. COOPERATIVE ASSOCIATIONS.
As used in this article:
(1) “Cooperative association” or “association” means any corporation organized under this article. Each association shall also comply with the requisite business corporation provisions of chapter thirty-one-d or thirty-one-f of this code, or the nonprofit corporation provisions of chapter thirty-one-e of this code.
(2) “Internet services” means providing access to, and presence on, the internet and other services. Data may be transmitted using several technologies, including dial-up, DSL, cable modem, wireless, or dedicated high-speed interconnects.
(3) “Member” means a member of an association without capital stock and a holder of common stock in an association organized with capital stock.
(4) “Qualified person” means a person who is engaged in the use of internet services, either in an individual capacity, as a political subdivision of this state, or as a business.
(5) “Qualified activity” means using internet services.
ARTICLE 4. MAKE-READY POLE ACCESS.
§31G-4-4. Public Service Commission jurisdiction; rulemaking; enforcement.
(a) The Public Service Commission shall possess and exercise regulatory jurisdiction over the provisions of this article. The Commission shall administer and adjudicate disputes relating to the issues and procedures provided for under this article.
(b) The Commission shall promulgate rules and regulations necessary to effectuate the provisions of the article.
(c) The Commission shall certify to the Federal Communications Commission that this state, as evidenced by the enactment of this article, hereby exercises jurisdiction over the regulation of pole attachments. The certification shall include notice that the State of West Virginia hereby:
(1) Regulates the rates, terms, and conditions related to pole attachments, and
(2) In so regulating such rates, terms, and conditions, the State has the authority to consider and does consider the interests of the subscribers of the services offered via such attachments, as well as the interests of the consumers of the services.