HB2079 HFA Pushkin 2-25
Delegate Pushkin moves to amend the Com. Sub for 2079 on page 1, following the enacting clause, by inserting a new section, to read as follows:
“article 3. medical cannabis program.
§16A-3-2. Lawful use of medical cannabis.
(a) Notwithstanding any
provision of law to the contrary, the use or possession of medical cannabis as
set forth in this
act chapter is lawful within this state,
subject to the following conditions:
(1) Medical cannabis may only be dispensed to:
(A) A patient who receives a certification from a practitioner and is in possession of a valid identification card issued by the bureau; and
(B) A caregiver who is in possession of a valid identification card issued by the bureau.
(2) Subject to rules
promulgated under this
act chapter, medical cannabis may only be
dispensed to a patient or caregiver in the following forms:
(C) Topical forms, including gels, creams or ointments;
(D) A form medically appropriate for administration by vaporization or nebulization, excluding dry leaf or plant form until dry leaf or plant forms become acceptable under rules adopted by the bureau;
(G) Dermal patch; or
(H) Flowers of the plant.
(3) Unless otherwise provided in rules adopted by the bureau under §16A-11-2 of this code, medical cannabis may not be dispensed to a patient or a caregiver in dry leaf or plant form.
(4) An individual may not act as a caregiver for more than five patients.
(5) A patient may designate up to two caregivers at any one time.
(6) Medical cannabis that has not been used by the patient shall be kept in the original package in which it was dispensed.
(7) A patient or caregiver shall possess an identification card whenever the patient or caregiver is in possession of medical cannabis.
(8) Products packaged by a grower/processor or sold by a dispensary shall only be identified by the name of the grower/processor, the name of the dispensary, the form and species of medical cannabis, the percentage of tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabinol contained in the product.
§16A-3-3. Unlawful use of medical cannabis.
(a) Except as provided in
§16A-3-2, §16A-7-4, §16A-13-1 et seq., or §16A-14-1 et seq. of
this code, the use of medical cannabis is unlawful and
in addition to any other penalty provided by law, be deemed a violation
of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act under §60A-1-101 through §60A-11-6 of
shall be is
unlawful to: (1) Smoke medical
cannabis (2) (1) Except as provided under §16A-3-3(c) of
this code, incorporate medical cannabis into edible form or sell in edible
form. (3) (2) Grow medical cannabis unless the
grower/processor has received a permit from the bureau under this act chapter. (4) (3) Grow or dispense medical cannabis unless
authorized as a health care medical cannabis organization under §60A-13-1 et
seq. of this code. (5) (4) Dispense medical cannabis unless the
dispensary has received a permit from the bureau under this act chapter.
(c) Edible medical
cannabis. — Nothing in this
act shall be construed to preclude chapter
precludes the incorporation of medical cannabis into edible form by a
patient or a caregiver in order to aid ingestion of the medical cannabis by the