§48-2-204. Record of marriage celebrated outside of state.
If at the time of celebrating any marriage out of this state, either or both of the parties thereto is a resident of this state, a certificate or statement of that fact, verified by the affidavit of any person present at such celebration, or a transcript of the marriage record, certified by the custodian of such records, from the state where the marriage was celebrated, may be returned to the clerk of the county commission of the county in which the husband resides, if he is a resident, or otherwise to the clerk of the county in which the wife resides, and an abstract thereof shall be recorded by the clerk in the register of marriages and indexed in the name of both parties.