§48-16-609. Procedure to register child support order of another state for modification.

     A party or support enforcement agency seeking to modify or to modify and enforce a child support order issued in another state shall register that order in this state in the same manner provided in sections 16-601 through 16-608 [§§48-16-601 through §48-16-608] if the order has not been registered. A petition for modification may be filed at the same time as a request for registration or later. The pleading must specify the grounds for modification.