(a) No person may retaliate or discriminate in any manner against any health care worker because the worker, or any person acting on behalf of the worker:
(1) Makes a good faith report, or is about to report, verbally or in writing, to the health care entity or appropriate authority an instance of wrongdoing or waste.
(2) Advocated on behalf of a patient or patients with respect to the care, services or conditions of a health care entity;
(3) Initiated, cooperated or otherwise participated in any investigation or proceeding of any governmental entity relating to the care, services or conditions of a health care entity.
(b) A health care worker with respect to the conduct described is acting in good faith if the health care worker reasonably believes:
(1) That the information is true; and
(2) Constitutes waste or wrongdoing as defined in section three of this article.