(a) Each person who mails, ships, or otherwise delivers cigarettes in connection with a delivery sale:
(1) Shall include as part of the bill of lading or other shipping documents a clear and conspicuous statement providing as follows: "Cigarettes: West Virginia Law Prohibits Shipping to Individuals Under 18, and Requires the Payment of all Applicable Taxes";
(2) Shall use a method of mailing, shipping, or delivery that obligates the delivery service to require: (i) The consumer placing the purchase order for the delivery sale, or another adult of legal minimum purchase age, to sign to accept delivery of the shipping container; and (ii) proof, in the form of a valid, government-issued identification bearing a photograph of the individual who signs to accept delivery of the shipping container, demonstrating that he is either the addressee or another adult of legal minimum purchase age; and
(3) Shall provide to the delivery service retained for such delivery sale evidence of full compliance with section seven of this article.
(b) A delivery service shall be in violation of this article if it: (1) Ships or otherwise delivers cigarettes in connection with a delivery sale without first receiving evidence of compliance with section seven of this article; or (2) fails to comply with the requirements described in subsection (a) or described in section six of this article:
(1) When obligated to do so under a method of shipping or delivery;
(2) When delivering any container pursuant to shipping documents containing the statement described in subdivision (1), subsection (a) of this section; or
(3) When delivering any container that the delivery service otherwise has reason to know contains cigarettes.
(c) If the person accepting a purchase order for a delivery sale delivers the cigarettes without using a delivery service, that person shall comply with all requirements of this article applicable to a delivery service and shall be in violation of the provisions of this article upon failure to comply with the requirements.