In addition to the powers and duties set forth elsewhere in this code, the division and any other agency that is part of the department may:
(1) Undertake one level of review for each proposal submitted by a private entity in accordance with this article. The review shall consist of the review by the division of the conceptual proposal: Provided, That expenses of the division incurred for review of proposal shall be paid by the private entity submitting the proposal. The division shall take into account at all times the needs and funding capabilities of the state as a whole in terms of transportation;
(2) Enter into agreements, contracts or other transactions with any agency that is part of the department, any federal, state, county, municipal agency or private entity;
(3) Act on behalf of the state and represent the state in the planning, financing, development and construction of any transportation facility for which solicited proposals have been received in accordance with the provisions of this article, with the concurrence of the affected public entity. Other public entities in this state shall cooperate to the fullest extent with what the division considers appropriate to effectuate the duties of the division;
(4) Exempt from disclosure any sensitive business, commercial or financial information that is not customarily provided to business competitors that is submitted to the division for final review and approval;
(5) Exempt from disclosure any documents, communications or information described in this section including, but not limited to, the project's design, management, financing and other details in accordance with the provisions of article one, chapter twenty-nine-b of this code; and
(6) Do any and all things necessary to carry out and accomplish the purposes of this article.