(a) In addition to all other powers conferred upon the commissioner and in order to effectively carry out the provisions, intent and purposes of this article, the commissioner shall have the power and authority to adopt, promulgate, repeal, rescind and amend, in accordance with the provisions of chapter 29A of this code, rules, standards, requirements and orders, including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Prescribing records and accounts, pertaining to the manufacture, distribution and sales of nonintoxicating beer, to be kept by the licensee and the form thereof;
(2) Requiring the reporting of such information by licensees as may be necessary for the effective administration of this article;
(3) Regulating the branding and labeling of packages, bottles or other containers in which nonintoxicating beer may be sold; and, in his or her discretion, requiring the collection of all taxes provided for under §11-16-13 of this code;
(4) Prohibiting shipment into the state and sale within the state of low grade or under-standard nonintoxicating beer;
(5) Referring to licenses and the issuance and revocation of the same;
(6) Establishing the suitability of businesses and locations for licensure, and requiring licensees to keep their places of business where nonintoxicating beer is sold at retail, and the equipment used in connection therewith, clean and in a sanitary condition;
(7) Restricting the content of advertising so as to prohibit false, misleading, or deceptive claims, depictions or descriptions of nonintoxicating beer being consumed irresponsibly or intemperately, or advertising presentations designed to appeal to persons below the legal drinking age: Provided, That the commissioner may not promulgate any rule which prohibits the advertising of a particular brand or brands of nonintoxicating beer and the price thereof, which restricts or prohibits:
(A) The advertising medium or equipment used; or
(B) Signage except for exterior signage governed by §17-22-1 et seq. of this code.
(8) Wholesale prices or price changes, including, but not limited to, the regulation and extent, if any, of any temporary price markoff or markdown, temporary wholesale price change downward or price discount, sometimes referred to as “post downs” or as “posting down” or any other price change, the express purpose of which is to put into effect a temporary price reduction, as well as the duration of time during which such temporary price reduction is to remain in effect;
(9) Restrictions upon West Virginia distributors or other licensees with respect to the purchase of any nonintoxicating beer or malt coolers from manufacturers or brewers whether within or without the state who have failed to qualify for manufacture or shipment of any such product in the state; and
(10) Regulating, restricting or prohibiting a distributor from selling, offering for sale, distributing or delivering nonintoxicating beer to any retailer whose principal place of business, residence or licensed premises is located without or beyond the assigned territory of such distributor of such nonintoxicating beer.
(b) Any rule or order heretofore adopted by the commissioner and currently in effect upon the convening of the regular session of the Legislature held in the year one thousand nine hundred eighty-six shall remain in effect until changed by the commissioner in the manner prescribed by article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, irrespective of whether specific authority for such currently effective rule existed prior to such date.