As used in this article, unless the context clearly requires a different meaning:
(1) "Commercial recycler" means any person, corporation or business entity whose operation involves the mechanical separation of materials for the purpose of reselling or recycling at least seventy percent by weight of the materials coming into the commercial recycling facility;
(2) "Cost of project" includes the cost of the services authorized in sections three and fifteen of this article, property, material and labor which are essential thereto, financing charges, interest during construction and all other expenses, including legal fees, trustees', engineers' and architects' fees which are necessarily or properly incidental to the program;
(3) "Director" means the director of the Division of Environmental Protection or such other person to whom the director has delegated duties or authority pursuant to sections six or eight, article one of this chapter.;
(4) "Landfill" means any solid waste facility for the disposal of solid waste on land, and also means any system, facility, land, contiguous land, improvements on the land, structures or other appurtenances or methods used for processing, recycling or disposing of solid waste, including landfills, transfer stations, resource recovery facilities and other such facilities not herein specified. Such facility is situated, for purposes of this article, in the county where the majority of the spatial area of such facility is located;
(5) "Permittee" means a person who has or should obtain a permit for a commercial solid waste facility that is a landfill;
(6) "Project" means the providing of closure assistance to one or more landfills under this article.
The definitions provided in section two, article fifteen of this chapter, to the extent they are applicable, apply in this article.